July 14th 2015 – Server 2003/R2 End of Extended Support
What does this mean? Why should you move from SBS or Server 2003/R2 to Server 2012 R2?
- No more updates
- No more compliance (Compliance Audits may fail including PCI)
- Discontinued support for many applications
Why Migrate and not Upgrade?
Provides a transition path from:
- x86 to x64 OS (anything after Windows server 2008 is x64 only)
- Physical to virtual (and vice versa)
- Full server to server core (and vice versa)
- Clean operating system installs
- Reduces risk and downtime
- OS installation and most migration tasks are performed while the source server is still live
- Allows migration verification and performance benchmarking prior to bringing the target server “online”
- Source server remains available for back out scenarios
If you are thinking about or are needing to migrate
Then should you be considering….
- Hosted Desktops or Web Based Applications
- Office 365
- Business Continuity